Permanent display

Considering that the Museum of the Đakovo Region has changed its location several times, it has had overall three permanent exhibitions since its establishment. The first permanent exhibition was located in the „first“ Museum, and its author was the first headmistress of the Museum, Hedviga Dekker. It was opened a year after the Museum had been established, in the year 1952.
The second permanent exhibition opened in 1970 at the new location of the Museum and it displayed a valuable material gathered during the Museum’s 18 years long activity.

 

The today’s permanent exhibition occupies the entire ground floor of the Museum, and it comprises the ethnological and historical exhibition. The first permanent archaeological exhibition is under construction, and it will be located upstairs. We are planning to open it in the first half of 2017.